Do You Know?
- Visa's revenue amounts to 26 basis points on the payment volume through its network. MasterCard's yield is similar.
- Emdeon processed almost 5.8 billion healthcare transactions in 2010 with revenues of approximately $0.17 per transaction.
- What revenues do you derive from your platform--per transaction or per $$ "processed"? How can you maximize this yield?
Copyright © 2011 Software Platform Consulting Inc. All Rights Reserved.
1756 Church Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
Building SaaS B2B Platforms
INDUSTRIES IN THE CLOUD
Software Platfom Consulting, Inc. (SPCI), specializes in helping software companies build cloud-based, multi-sided platforms that connect the buyers, suppliers and relevant intermediaries to form "Industries in the Cloud" (IC) or "Industry Operating Systems". These IC companies enjoy many benefits relative to traditional enterprise software companies, including:
- Improved Sales and Marketing Economics
- Diversified Revenue Streams
- Unique Leverage from the Benefits of Multi-Tenancy
The Art and Science of Participation
Successful industry platforms solve the proverbial "chicken or the egg" problem of turning industry players into active platform participants. In retrospect, it's always easy to define a successful platform: Concur in travel-related services, LinkedIn in recruiting, Emdeon in healthcare, Medidata in clinical trials, or iTradeNetwork in foodservice.
What's much harder, and where SPCI comes in, is in helping you systematically design and build the participation, often from scratch. Part art and part science, SPCI can help you with strategy, identifying the right services to offer, participatory pricing, and consolidation strategies.
SPCI has experience helping build successful platforms across industries. Based on real, practical experience gained over the last 13 years, as well as the latest academic research on multi-sided markets, SPCI can help you navigate your way to a dominant position within your industry.