In addition to sourcing talent with the appropriate skill-set, I’ve found it helps to recruit folks who understand and speak “SaaS” and “platform”. These hires understand multi-sided markets and how they differ from traditional SaaS companies.
While I’m not a “headhunter”, I almost always end up helping my clients define what they need in terms of talent, build job descriptions, compensation plans, and build a pipeline of candidates with experience in:
- Supply Chain
- Marketplaces and Platforms
- Payments and Finance
- Sourcing and Procurement
- Enterprise Sales
For many of my clients, I use my network to help source candidates directly, or will help their Startup recruiting or SaaS recruiting specialist identify and vet candidates.
- For a small venture recruited first professional sales leader
- For a start-up recommended first field sales representative
- For another start-up recommended VP of Marketing
- For a major ecommerce provider recommended VP of Partnerships
- For a PE-backed company, helped SaaS recruiting firm hire VP of Product Management